Well, to say the least, I’ve decided to go full force into 2018 with setting and keeping some serious intentions. Last year (actually the last 5-ish years) have been a real doozy. Lots (and lots and lots) of ups and downs which have amounted to a great feeling of being lost, unmotivated, sometimes depressed, sometimes a huge lacking of self confidence and so forth. I’m sure I’ve mentioned all of that before. I really didn’t want this blog to just be a “vent” blog. Anyways, I’m extremely tired of living that way. I’m not sure, well actually I know, that all my days aren’t going to be up days like today while I write this, but if I can just manage to keep getting through the tough days or the not-so-great days, then the important thing is that I keep going – as long as I keep going.
Sometimes people choose a word of the year, to help them focus on how they want to live. My word for 2018 is Intentional. I want to live intentionally, instead of always getting in this unmotivated “stuck” position. In order to do so, I have to value my time more and who I spend it with. Feeling scattered and overwhelmed is not serving me. I need to be present and not get swept up in thoughts. Did you set a word for 2018? If so, I’d love to hear about it below in the comments. Maybe if you haven’t, it’s not too late, and you too can set a word and maybe a goal list. I am currently working through Grow Your Natural Learner course to set goals for us (our family) as individuals and as a whole family. It’s kind of harder than you’d think, but keeping in mind that everything is a work in progress makes it a bit easier. For myself, I have some goals in mind listed below:
- Start and finish my health and life coach courses through Health Coach Institute
- Create well-thought out yoga class plans
- Start (won’t finish this year) and practice my Ayurveda Health Coach courses through Hale Pule Yoga & Ayurveda
- Learn all I can about homeschooling/unschooling and implement what I can now for a 1 and 3 year old.
- Work on the garden/greenhouse/homestead
- Create a budget and pay off debts
- Prepare for the baby due June 21 – yep! 🙂
- Clean out the house of clutter
- Create more meals with no meat
- Practice self-care, journal, and keep up my own yoga practice
- And stay on top of work duties
That’s a pretty good list for now. I plan to get more in depth on paper and really break down my goals and all the baby steps needed to achieve them.
One goal that isn’t on the list above but that I’ve probably mentioned before is writing consistently and using this blog to help give information. I’m thinking I should make posts centered around what I know like health, wellness, yoga, ayurveda, and parenting, and of course working on self-care. Any interest in any of that? I hope! Tomorrow, I’m going to make a sensory bin for the kids that should be ready for Saturday. Maybe that would be a cool post. Who knows!?
That’s all I have for now. How is 2018 going for you?
Lots of Gratitude,